Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Best Group :)

Guess what??hehe..we get the best group for today's practical..hehe..thanks to Dr. Ooi for choosing us..hehe..it's all because we did the exercise presentation in sequence and orderly..it makes the whole class more understand about the exercise..and as my expectation, Husna's group also have the similar exercise like us but we separated it into level and not them..

The first thing we did was warm-up ya kawan-kawan..hehe..then, start the exercise presentation of each group..first was Husna's group which present an exercise like us..then, followed by our group and present a little bit same exercise like them..Shaleen's group did a game which called Hide and Seek game and lastly was Nazirah's group which did the musical chair game (but this time she used relung) and also Tai Chi..

As I said, our group separated the Level of strength exercise and starts the exercise with warm-up (flexibility) conducted by Cham..flexibility also consists of 3 levels..let me explain a little bit about the level of strength exercise ok..Level 1 is for beginner elderly who want to do an exercise and it requires support equipment such as chair or wall..Level 2 is not need the support and elderly can holding weighted object such as book, can of vegetables or small dumbell..in Level 3, lightweight resistance equipment such as the dumbell also introduced to overload the muscles..the elderly also can used a heavy household item such as an iron, a stone, or a can of food to substitute the dumbell..the elderly can increase the level of exercise by time..and also, we separated the strength exercise into three parts or sections which is upper body, abdomen, and lower body..

Azma was showing one of the exercise





Cham conducted warm-up (flexibility)

Ain was showing Level 1 strength exercise by using a chair

Me was showing Level 2 strength exercise by using a book

Adot was showing Level 3 strength exercise by using dumbell


I like when we were playing Hide and Seek game conducted by Shaleen's group..maybe because the other three groups did an exercise and only this group did a game..so it was fun..for this game, Ain has to hide and we have to find her..the different between this game from the hide and seek game in a childhood is anyone who find Ain has to hide with her and last person who find Ain is considered lose..we have to find Ain in the dark lab and guess what??only Cham had managed to find Ain and we the other 8 was the loser yo..hehe...

Lastly, Dr. Ooi showed us Xigong..I hope the name is correct..hehe..Xigong is an exercise which also suitable for elderly..look as the easy thing you can do, but it was difficult ok to stand static like that..and Dr. Ooi did it well..me?? sakit badan..hehe..

And finished the practical..I only know about the exercise for elderly right now..I never take it as important before..but after doing all the activities, I seriously think that yes, elderly also should start involve in exercise..exercise has many benefits right, no matter how old you are...and me, as a younger, also had to start exercise..actually, I do exercise but not regular lah..hehe..but now, I have to keep it as regular as I can :)

Note; here the source link for flexibility and strength exercise for elderly

No comments:

Post a Comment